Monday, March 10, 2008

Memories and Birthdays



The sweetest man, the greatest "Grandpa Great", the giver of much, the friend to many, the husband to one, my dear little grandpa would have celebrated another birthday year with us here on earth two days ago. Although, we only have the memories, pictures and funny stories, as he is resting in peace with his wonderful wife, my sweet Little Grandma. How I do miss them both. I do realize we are so blessed to know we WILL see them again! We will see them with no pain in them, no worries and only joy! How wonderful that day will be, when Christ returns! Today is Grandma's birthday, and how I wish she could tell me some sweet story that I have never heard before (or perhaps a story that she has already told me many times before) I miss her voice! How time go's so quickly. I know though for my Aunts and Uncle (their children) these few days are very hard, I am praying for you all. Oh, cherish the memories and keep their love always alive, as I know you will! Christ does shine through lineage, their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.....their legacy is awesome. God be praised! A memory of happy birthdays to you my beloved Grandparents! (Jodi did miss Grandpa on their day together) Till we meet again.

5 comments:

Vickie said...

The tears are flowing again and I can't even see to type. The words you said were just beautiful of two wonderful people. I miss them so much but I know they are in a better place. Thanks for the words Tami and you are a sweetie. This has been a rough few days but we are getting through it. Ginger sent me a pic on my phone with new flowers she put on their graves today and that started the tears. Everyone says that time helps when you lose a loved one and it has helped but these special days of their lives are hard to bare.I just have to remember the fun and happy times that we all have instilled in our mind. My memory of my parents are in my heart forever and i'm so thankful for that. Thanks again Tami...

Destiny said...

That was such a wonderful post! I sure do miss them both so much! They definitely both left a legacy that will always be remembered!

Thanks for this post Aunt Tami. I sure did have fun with you on the trip to Portland!

Love ya,
-Destiny

Jodi Kruse said...

Thanks for the precious words, pictures, and memories you posted about Little Grandma and Grandpa. They were the best and we were extremely blessed to be in their family. I miss them both so much and I can't wait for the day when we are all together again.

Love you,

Jodi

Ginger said...

Tami...Tami...Tami....how precious and sweet your heart is...this is absolutely a GREAT tribute to Mom and Dad. Like Vickie...my tears are flowing...but only for my loss of not having them here with me. I know they are in the Lord's care now and celebrating with him. Praise His Name! Thanks for being such a caring and BEATUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL person!!!!

Grandma of Many said...

Here I am with tears flowing also. I miss them more than words can express but Tami you made such a beautiful tribute to my Dad and Mom. How honored I am to be their daughter. They gave so much to me, my brother and sisters, my children, my grandchildren. Oh, how they loved every one of you and were so proud of you. I can hardly think of March 8th and 10th without seeing Dad, Jodi and Mom. Their birthdays belong together and will always be there for me. Dad would have been 90 years old. That is amazing and Mom 82. Jodi was 35 and I was so blessed to be with her and you on her birthday. Memories are so important and thank you for putting them on the post. Love you, Mom