Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Praise God for my Christian Godly Loving Older Brothers


Last night I finished reading a book written back in the 1800's, 'Jessie Wells'. It was not a real big book but it was wonderful! The story line is about a young girl who is a Christian in a family that is not. She learns that her example is what the family sees, and that was is most important. She has many struggles with overcoming self and loving, being the Christian that God wants of her. She is encouraged to pray for her older brother and really desire to see him come to know the Lord. He is continually going to the bars at night and coming home drunk, a shame to the family especially the father. Through it all she is faithful to love her older brother, pray for him, and begins to truly desire his company more than the other friends she had. It was beautiful to see the change a younger sister could have on her older brother, which she thought would never make a difference. If you read Jodi's last posts, I think they were right on! We must encourage our young daughters, as well as us as mom's to never give up on our loved ones. They must come to know the Lord, to have salvation and eternal life. By Him all things are possible, we have our part to pray weep and wail and be there in love and encouragement to the unbelievers that they may find Christ Jesus!
All this to say I am so very blessed and thankful that I have such Awesome, godly and Christian brothers! Troy and Kenny have both been examples to me all growing up and have always been kind and gentle to both Jodi and I. I feel so blessed what I have grown up with, especially since many young ladies grow up with brothers that are ungodly rude and even dangerous to their sisters and or family.
Praise God that our young men, my sons and nephews are such godly men as well. I pray they would see the importance of loving and protecting their sisters as my brothers did! Young ladies be the virtuous women God desires of you and honor your brother and and listen to them, no matter if they be older or younger; treat them as important men in your life and they will more then likely act like one.
Another very important note is my brothers learned by example from our dad. He was EXCELLENT and absolutely amazing!!! I love him tons!

4 comments:

Jodi Kruse said...

I am in 100% agreement with you. I love our brothers. We have been blessed and need to appreciate and pray for them each day and teach our daughters to do so for their brothers. Our dad is awesome too!God to be praised! Sounds like a good book. Maybe I can borrow it:) Love you!

Your sis

Ginger said...

I love those two nephews of mine too! They are truly a blessing to your family.

Grandma of Many said...

I agree also. You have two wonderful brothers but they have two wonderful sisters and of course that Dad sure is handsome and great. I thank God for giving us such a wonderful God fearing family. We are so blessed. Love, Mom

Kenny Anderson said...

You are the sister of sisters. Actually, you were my sister. No brother could ever be as blessed. You were always there to listen and encourage. Sorry about the silent treatment that one time ;) Also, the bird incident was not planned.