Saturday, January 5, 2008

Grandpa Ken's B-day


Grandpa Ken is in the midst of all those kids! He looks as young as them! But he did just turn 62. We had a wresting birthday party for him. We had homemade soups, caesar salad, rainbow salad deviled eggs, tea and wine. We also had Steve famous homemade ice-cream! He made vanilla and chocolate mint. It was awesome


Alex getting ready to learn some stuff on wrestling. Grandpa still is amazing at the sport.


Levi and Jared in the action! They did really good. We were all sure it was a good thing Grandma Dot was out of town, she would not have enjoyed it much...stressful :) But we did miss her tons. It's just not the same without her.
Collin and Kolten getting ready to start.


We also had some headstands going on. This is Murren, we had Grandpa, Kenny and most of the other kids on their heads too. It was fun! It was funny!
Grandpa is an awesome Grandpa to these kids, they all love him so much!!
More pics to come and maybe some video's too.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Looks like Ken had an orignal birthday party...(wrestling wonder that he is) I know he really enjoyed it. Yes...it is a good thing Dottie was not there...stressful it would have been for her "Grin"....I get that way too! Thanks for sharing these neat pictures. Happy 62nd birthday Ken.

Grandma of Many said...

What awesome pictures and I do enjoy them more looking at the pics than seeing it live. I might have wanted to stop it so that he wouldn't get hurt. After all, he is 62 but just as young looking and acting as when he wrestled in high school. He sure had fun and it was a great party for him although he sure was sore yesterday. He said it was worth it though. Thanks again for giving him an amazing party. Love, Mom

Bob Thorp said...

Thanks for sharing those great pictures. That must have been a great party. I wish I could have been there for the wrestling. I'd have put a full nelson on your Dad and pinned him in 5 seconds. Oops - I forgot I tried that many times through the years and he pinned me before I could even think about it. Happy Birthday Ken. Love, Bob & Lindsay

Vickie said...

Sounds like your party was great for your Dad. looks like everyone was having fun and I didn't hear of anyone getting hurt while wrestling lol. Thanks for the post and love you...