Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Steps

We went to the park today and the kids played while Jodi, Liisa and I talked and then walked. Aside from realizing how totally out of shape I am and it being fairly hot it was a wonderful time. Jodi was filling us in on a sermon she had heard about depression. Most people are depressed because they don't do what they should do when it should be done. Amen to that for me. She said that mom's and preachers are most likely to get depressed because they don't have people watching and telling them what to do and when to do it...it's all self government. Oh dear, bingo, to get up and clean the house, make dinner or whatever is tough when I feel like just sitting on the computer or reading a book. But I can change, I will overcome. Ever see the movie "What About Bob"? Ah yes, baby steps, baby steps when you seem to be overwhelmed. After Jodi told me some of this the day before yesterday I went in our laundry room and organized, I got rid of 3 trash bags of clothes and 3 trash bags of trash. One step at a time and I will get this house in order. No time to be depressed and complain, just get up and do what needs done. By God's grace only can I do this, the spirit is willing but my flesh is ohhhh very weak. Baby steps and in time the rewards will amaze me I know it. Depression has no place in this home. God reigns and He will guide lead and direct this mom.

3 comments:

Destiny said...

That's really good Aunt Tami! I'm in total agreement... I was wondering what you moms were talking about:)

We (meaning me and my family) had a great time yesterday at the park playing soccer and having some water fights! It was fun... we'll have to do it again!

Lots of love,
-Destiny

John said...

Well Tami, it looks like we will have to come up there to check out your house! Yep, it's house check time! LOL So you have 2 months to get your house perfect! And what if it isn't? I say, what does it matter as long as it is filled with love. And your family has a LOT!!!! That's what I will be looking for. Love you.

Grandma of Many said...

Amen to that Tami. I loved your post and couldn't agree more. I'm proud of you for taking those first baby steps. I wished I would have gone on the walk with you. I love you guys and miss you. Love, Mom