Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Morning Choice


This morning I was thinking as I woke up with the nausea (again) "I have a choice". Do I want to enjoy today or be miserable and not enjoy this day? Is it a frown I want or a smile?

Yesterday, I was not doing so well either (sounds like a lot of complaining huh? ooops...it's ALL worth it in the end, I would do more if it meant I get to have a baby in my arms :) !!! Anyway, yesterday I was feeling yucky in the afternoon, but when I got to the church for the class there was Kenny smiling (brat, HA). There all the kids were happy as can be, smiling. Liisa walked in and smiled bigger then I have ever seen her smile..that's it! Jodi was late to class but yep, she was still smiling. Oh boy, how terrible, am I the only grouch here? Well, it took me awhile but I remembered how much more pleasing it is to see a smile on someones face then a frown. When I walked into the church Kenny noticed right away that I was not happy or feeling good. That was not controlling my emotions. I know better than that. My dad and mom (especially my dad) always said that we did not need to let everyone else know that we were sad or grumpy. Control your emotions! In different ways he would remind us and let us know, get over yourself and care more about others. When you force a smile it does make you feel better and somehow does change a grumpy attitude! Love is an action not a feeling! My Dad said he wished God would have put tails on people so we would all know when others were happy by their wagging tails. So many people never let you know they are happy. It is good to show your joy to others. This is so important with kids, with husbands with friends, show love by a smile. This is the thought I had today. I pray I can do this as I am wanting and smile to others and make them happy!! By the way have a happy day today!!! AND SMILE ;)

5 comments:

Drew said...

Tami,
Thank you for the note!!!
And all the lovely pictures from the kids!!! What a huge blessing you all are.
I felt like I didn't get time to talk with you last night....
I'll just have to call you.
Love you
carla

Grandma of Many said...

Tami,

You made me smile as I read your article. How true it is! I don't see you too many times when you aren't smiling so don't be too hard on yourself. You are a blessing to so many so keep smiling.

Love,

Mom

Kolten Anderson said...

That is really good. I can't wait to see you smile again:)

Ginger said...

Tami my sweet niece...I am sorry about your not feeling well and finding it hard to smile today. However, not everyday can be upbeat and as happy as we would have it especially when you are feeling a little sickly. That is when someone should just come up to you and give you a hug. Since I am not there to do it personally, I am asking everyone who reads this to give you a hug today for me. Love you and know tomorrow will be a better day full of smiles not only from you BUT just for YOU!

Anonymous said...

Tami when I see you I always see a smile on your face. I know you haven't felt the best but it will get better and and you will be on top of this world as you are now because of knowing what lays ahead of that new little life that we all will be seeing. Love you so much...