Thursday, September 13, 2007

School Time

Well, we have really done it! Thanks to Grandma Dot for buying all those books and curriculum and I do mean ALL...there was a lot. I still am waiting for some stuff but most of it is here. The kids are very excited. And Alex is in heaven with all he is learning in the Omnibus class with Kenny. That has been "the best thing he has ever done or learned" his quote...which I was shocked about, cause what about music. Anyway he is happy. Mailee and Murren loved going to Vickie's yesterday, and both have lots of good to say about that. Speech class is going to be wonderful. The kids are jazzed about that, they just have not chosen what they are going to speak on. The writing class with all the kids was great. I got to be in the group with Esther, Cassie and Mercy. They did wonderful and I am very proud of them. They are all so ready and willing to learn. It is scary a bit because as you have probably seen I am not the greatest writer in the world. Alright you can STOP laughing now! There is great news though, it's a video and the guy teaches the class. And the other great thing is God can use anyone or anything (even a donkey right) if we are but willing to try. And I am trying. I know I know the donkey is pretty funny. All this to say if you think of it pray for us all starting school again.

Last night we had a womens meeting. We get together to pray and talk about wife roles, child rearing, or school stuff. It was really good. We are reading this book by R.C Sproul Jr. called "When You Rise Up". It is was reminding us the most important thing about school is what they are being raised up for. "This is our goal---raising God-glorifying children, rather than raising responsible citizens who can manage to get along with the world around them." It is so much more than just learning book knowledge and getting by. I want my kids to change the world, bring Jesus Christ glory and serve Him as the walk through their entire life. If they have that for a goal I will be blessed, and humbled too. It is fun to see them learn in knowledge true, but I really want them to show the fruits of the spirit, follow His laws, love others and to bring God Almighty all praise in whatever they do in their future stations of life!
May their lives bring Him all honor and may this year be filled with fun. :)

5 comments:

Ginger said...

Tami...what an awesome post. Very informative and inspirational as to the happenings going on in your family's lives. Love you so very much. Aunt Ginger

Kaila Anderson said...

Good for you Aunt Tami. God will bless your efforts in the end :)

Grandma of Many said...

What do you mean you are not a good writer. That was awesome. You are such an awesome daughter, sister, wife, and mother. God gave you soooooooooooooo many talents it is unbelievable. I love you,

Mom

The Goldman Family said...

Gee, mom you make me blush...I love you so much. You are always so encouraging to me, thanks
Tami

Anonymous said...

Boy looks like a lot is going on in your family and sounds like all good and wonderful things. Neat of your Mom to get the stuff for you for school and thanks what you said about me but I love having them come over. Hope they are not to tired after all they did today lol. Huggggggggs to you....